Friday, January 20, 2006

The Dream of the Second Hand and the Heart


The Dream of the Second Hand and the Heart
By Curt Vaughn

The second hand skips a beat and so does my heart.  I see her for the first time and I cannot see or hear anyone else in mind or spirit

The second hand moves one second forward and my heart starts beating.  I talk to her not knowing what to say but I have made a friend for life without saying a word I realize, how fare can I see into the future.

The second hand moves forward one more second as my heart starts beating faster.  I begin to spend time with her cherishing every moment for then, now, and whatever waits in this universe of possibilities

The second hand jumps a second forward and my heart starts to beat out of my chest.  I know nothing and everything about life but I know how I feel when I am around her and that is a feeling I would not trade for anything on these green Earth, because every moment I am around her is the happiest moment in my life

The second hand vanishes from space and the heart beat ceases in time and I wonder if this was a dream or am I just awake in a dream like state, guess I while just have to wait and see if I will see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment