Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Cave and the Butterfly's


The Cave and the Butterfly's
By Curt Vaughn

I am walking in the woods and then I see her at the mouth of the cave. 
She enters and I know I must follow after her, so I begin to walk towards the entrance. 
A group of butterflies follows me in as I enter, and stay with me throughout the journey. 
It is dark, but beautiful as I see her up ahead of me climbing into the great abyss. 
I hurry after her while the butterfly’s still remain to fly around my dim lantern. 
She is repealing down the cave walls like she has been here before, I feel the same way about this place. 
So, I throw my line down and without haste cast off into the dark but familiar pit. 
I rich the bottom where the butterfly’s now seem to be finally settling, 
and I see her standing next to a giant underground waterfall, she walks or jumps through it I do not know. 
There is only one way to find out for myself, it is to take that step or leap of faith after her. 
Will we come out together on the other side in one piece one can only dream to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment